WELCOME

WELCOME
Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening. Coco Chanel

Thursday, August 18, 2011

INSECURITY?


 i want your opinion... ok, so heres the deal.

My boyfriend and I were talking about having preferences in a partner, his was that he was attracted to light -skinned girls, now am light skinned and at first I felt that he liked me not because of who I was, but what I looked like. I mean, doesnt that seem shallow?? I dnt want sumn1 to like me for the colour of my skin, or the length or texture of my hair, or how i dress, or the colour of my eyes, or my race, but for me!! My personality, my character, my ideas etc..

Am I going overboard? Although my SO has told me that my colour wasnt what attracted him to me and that he loves me for who I am, but I still get all defensive when we talk about preferences.
Sometimes it crosses my mind that what if another light skinned girl were to come in the picture, would he be attracted to her? what about the light skinned girls at his workplace? Is he secretly daydreaming bout them??

I know am blowing this wayyyy out of proportion, I know my baby loves me and only me, and he thinks am custom-made for him, but do u girls get upset or angry or defensive wen you hear ppl talk about 'superficial' preferences? (in my opinion superficial)  

Do you yourself have preferences in guys? light skin, tall, dark, handsome, long hair etc??

Let me know what you think!!

1 comment:

  1. I do not think you are blowing this out of proportion. But as humans we are visual creatures, men more so than women. We go after what we are attracted to, however no matter what a person looks like, if they cannot treat you right then they need to go! I no longer care when I hear people talk about superficial preferences because I am secure within myself and if I am their preference then thats cool, If I am not that is also cool :)

    ReplyDelete